Обсуждение: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
Augori
Дата:
Hello,

I am trying to install PostGIS on a CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core).  I installed PostGreSQL successfully. But when I try to install PostGIS using

yum install postgres2_93

I get transaction conflict errors (2 of many are posted below):

  file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/README from install of mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64
  file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml from install of mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64

MySQL is in use, so I can't remove that.
So far, all of the fixes I have found online for transaction conflicts seem to be suggesting a removal.  Can any of you suggest alternatives?

I have also tried with PostGreSQL 9.2 and a compatible PostGIS, but I get the same conflict errors.

Thank you,
Augori

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 1/29/2016 2:59 PM, Augori wrote:
> I get transaction conflict errors (2 of many are posted below):
>
>   file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/README from install of
> mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from
> package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64

where is this MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64 package from? Its
not in the base or EPEL repositories...    that package wants to put its
files in the same locations as the base package mariadb uses, so its
going to conflict with it.    the postgis you're installing apparently
depends on mariadb.

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/29/2016 02:59 PM, Augori wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install PostGIS on a CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511
> (Core).  I installed PostGreSQL successfully. But when I try to install
> PostGIS using
>
> yum install postgres2_93

The above should be postgis2_93, correct?

> I get transaction conflict errors (2 of many are posted below):
>
>    file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/README from install of
> mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from
> package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64
>    file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index.xml from install of
> mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from
> package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64

Are you sure the above is not being caused by a failed update/upgrade
from a MySQL/Mariadb install unrelated to Postgres/PostGIS?

Have you looked at this page?:

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/329-An-almost-idiots-guide-to-install-PostgreSQL-9.3,-PostGIS-2.1-and-pgRouting-with-Yum.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
Augori
Дата:
Hi John,

I don't know the answer to your question.  I was assuming it has to do with the MYSQL server that's installed on this machine.  I should clarify that I'm just one of a number of people who are trying to work together on this machine, so most of what's been done to this machine was not done by me.  Is there a way that I can determine if I can remove this without affecting MySQL?

I get transaction conflict errors (2 of many are posted below):

  file /usr/share/mysql/charsets/README from install of mariadb-libs-1:5.5.44-2.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64

where is this MySQL55-server-5.5.47-1.cp1148.x86_64 package from? Its not in the base or EPEL repositories...    that package wants to put its files in the same locations as the base package mariadb uses, so its going to conflict with it.    the postgis you're installing apparently depends on mariadb.

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 1/29/2016 6:49 PM, Augori wrote:

> I don't know the answer to your question.  I was assuming it has to do
> with the MYSQL server that's installed on this machine.  I should
> clarify that I'm just one of a number of people who are trying to work
> together on this machine, so most of what's been done to this machine
> was not done by me.  Is there a way that I can determine if I can
> remove this without affecting MySQL?

that IS a mysql server.  whether or not its the one actually being used
on this machine would have to be your determination (its certainly
possible there's several different mysql servers installed and a
different one is actually in use).   I'd expect the systems
administrators to be aware of what they installed and whats being used.

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
Augori
Дата:
Yes, I should have said, postgis2_93.

I guess it may be unrelated, but I'm not sure how to find out.

Yes, thanks, I took a good look at that page which gives instructions for how to fix a different error.

[...]

Дата:
Okay thanks, John.  I will inquire about that.

I don't know the answer to your question.  I was assuming it has to do with the MYSQL server that's installed on this machine.  I should clarify that I'm just one of a number of people who are trying to work together on this machine, so most of what's been done to this machine was not done by me.  Is there a way that I can determine if I can remove this without affecting MySQL?

that IS a mysql server.  whether or not its the one actually being used on this machine would have to be your determination (its certainly possible there's several different mysql servers installed and a different one is actually in use).   I'd expect the systems administrators to be aware of what they installed and whats being used.

Re: Transaction check error installing PostGIS

От
Augori
Дата:
Hi John,

you were right.  The one in use was 5.6.27-76.0 Percona Server.   How did you guess that this one wasn't being use?