Обсуждение: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

От
DerekW
Дата:
I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 and upgrading from 9.4.5 to 9.5. I was unable to get pg_upgrade to work so my upgrade path is: 1) Backup with pg_dumpall 2) Uninstall 9.4 3) Install 9.5 4) Restore data This worked sucessfully on one server. I am now having issues following the same procedure on a second server, in that the /data directory is not being created and I get the following error messages near the end of the install procedure: Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster. Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete properly. Error reading file C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/data/postgresql.conf postgresql.conf doesn't exist since the /data subdirectory does not exist. I have tried deleting and re-creating the postgres user account, with no luck. Please can some help with what is preventing the data directory being created.

Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/18/2016 07:40 AM, DerekW wrote:
> I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 and upgrading from 9.4.5 to 9.5.
> I was unable to get pg_upgrade to work so my upgrade path is: 1) Backup
> with pg_dumpall 2) Uninstall 9.4 3) Install 9.5 4) Restore data This
> worked sucessfully on one server. I am now having issues following the
> same procedure on a second server, in that the /data directory is not

So what is different between the servers and/or method of installation?

> being created and I get the following error messages near the end of the
> install procedure: *Failed to load SQL modules into the database
> cluster. Problem running post-install step. Installation may not
> complete properly. Error reading file C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/data/postgresql.conf* postgresql.conf doesn't exist
> since the /data subdirectory does not exist. I have tried deleting and

I know the installer is saying /data does not exist, but is that true or
not?

adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

От
DerekW
Дата:
There are no differences between the 2 servers that I can imagine would stop
this install. Both were sucessfully running PostgrSQL 9.4.5 prior to the
update.

The /data directory is not even being created. After uninstalling there is
no /PostgreSQL subdirectory under C:/Program Files/. The installer is able
to create /PostgreSQL/9.5/ and subdirectories under this. Comparing the 2
installs the following are missing under C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/ on
the unsucessfull install:
./data/
./gdal-data/ (does this only get created when PostGIS is installed?)
./utils/

My suspicion is that a security setting somewhere is preventing these being
created, but I don't knopw where to look.

Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

От
DerekW
Found the issue:

The install that worked is on our in-house development server and I
installed with a weak alpah-numeric password.

The problem install is on a hosted, soon-to-be production server where I am
using a strong, ramdomly generated password that includes special
characters. One of the characters in the password that I was giving during
the install was a double quote (").

I installed with a weak password - no problem - and changed it afterwards to
the desired password (containing "). All is working.