Обсуждение: Synchronous replication

Synchronous replication

От
jwiencek3@comcast.net
Дата:
Is it possible to set up synchronous replication to more that one node in a cluster?  Or, am I limited to one synchronous node and one asynchronous node?

Assuming my replicated databases are on nodes:   testqa1, testqa2.  What would my synchronous_standby_names entry in my postgresql.conf on my master database?

Regards

John Wiencek

Re: Synchronous replication

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 01/13/2016 12:28 PM, jwiencek3@comcast.net wrote:
> Is it possible to set up synchronous replication to more that one node
> in a cluster?  Or, am I limited to one synchronous node and one
> asynchronous node?

Yes you can have N number of synchronous slaves. However, be careful. It
can be a huge performance hit.

> Assuming my replicated databases are on nodes:   testqa1, testqa2.  What
> would my synchronous_standby_names entry in my postgresql.conf on my
> master database?

The IP address that each is binding to.

JD
                      +1-503-667-4564

Re: Synchronous replication

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 01/13/2016 12:28 PM, jwiencek3@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to set up synchronous replication to more that one node
>> in a cluster?  Or, am I limited to one synchronous node and one
>> asynchronous node?
>

> Yes you can have N number of synchronous slaves. However, be careful. It can
> be a huge performance hit.

Note that only one of the listed standbys is a synchronous standby at
any given time though.  That is, when you commit, the primary server
will wait just for that one server to report that it has fsync'ed the
WAL.  (There is a patch being developed to change that so that you
might be able to wait for more than one in a future release).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Synchronous replication