Обсуждение: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
Henning Hoefer
Дата:
Hi,

I'm trying to install 9.5 on Ubuntu Wily.

I've added a line "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ wily-pgdg main
​"​ to my
sources.list
and upgrades to various
postgresql-*
packages show up as available – however, I can't actually install all of them:

postgresql-common
and
postgresql-client-common
depend on a package
pgdg-keyring
, and that package doesn't seem to be available in the "
wily-pgdg
" distribution in the apt repo.
Also, pgadmin3 seems to be missing in that distribution.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug in the packaging?

Kind regards
,

Henning
​.​

--
Henning Hoefer
Software Engineer

Device Insight GmbH, Willy-Brandt-Platz 6, D-81829 München
http://www.device-insight.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
Geschäftsführer: Reinhold Stammeier

Re: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/08/2016 06:12 AM, Henning Hoefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install 9.5 on Ubuntu Wily.
>
> I've added a line "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
> wily-pgdg main
> ​"​ to my
> sources.list
> and upgrades to various
> postgresql-*
> packages show up as available – however, I can't actually install all of
> them:
>
> postgresql-common
> and
> postgresql-client-common
> depend on a package
> pgdg-keyring
> , and that package doesn't seem to be available in the "
> wily-pgdg
> " distribution in the apt repo.
> Also, pgadmin3 seems to be missing in that distribution.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug in the packaging?

Well the mistake I often make is to do apt-get upgrade before doing
apt-get update. I would suggest doing an update just to make sure.

> Kind regards
> ,
>
> Henning
> ​.​
>

> --
> Henning Hoefer
> Software Engineer
>
> Device Insight GmbH, Willy-Brandt-Platz 6, D-81829 München
> http://www.device-insight.com
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRB 149018
> Geschäftsführer: Reinhold Stammeier

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 01/08/2016 07:35 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>> depend on a package
>> pgdg-keyring
>> , and that package doesn't seem to be available in the "
>> wily-pgdg
>> " distribution in the apt repo.
>> Also, pgadmin3 seems to be missing in that distribution.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug in the packaging?

Looks like you may have missed this step:

sudo apt-get install wget ca-certificates
wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc |
sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update

Re: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
Henning Hoefer
Дата:

> Well the mistake I often make is to do apt-get upgrade before doing apt-get update. I would suggest doing an update
justto make sure.

> Looks like you may have missed this step:
>
> sudo apt-get install wget ca-certificates
> wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo
> apt-key add -
> sudo apt-get update

Thanks to both of you, but I already did that -- and like I said: For
some packages, the updates do in fact show up correctly.
It's just missing a few more packages.

If you compare the the package list for trusty-pgdg[1] with the one
for wily-pgdg[2], you'll find that the former is five times the size
of the latter -- and that the latter is missing pgdg-keyring and
pgadmin3 (among others).

Kind Regards,

Henning.

[1]: http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/trusty-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages
[2]: http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/wily-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages

--
Henning Hoefer
Software Engineer

Device Insight GmbH, Willy-Brandt-Platz 6, D-81829 München
http://www.device-insight.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
Geschäftsführer: Reinhold Stammeier

Re: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/08/2016 08:02 AM, Henning Hoefer wrote:

>> Well the mistake I often make is to do apt-get upgrade before doing apt-get update. I would suggest doing an update
justto make sure.

>> Looks like you may have missed this step:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install wget ca-certificates
>> wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo
>> apt-key add -
>> sudo apt-get update
>

> Thanks to both of you, but I already did that -- and like I said: For
> some packages, the updates do in fact show up correctly.
> It's just missing a few more packages.
>
> If you compare the the package list for trusty-pgdg[1] with the one
> for wily-pgdg[2], you'll find that the former is five times the size
> of the latter -- and that the latter is missing pgdg-keyring and
> pgadmin3 (among others).

What is not obvious to me is whether you actually tried an upgrade or
just saw the package list and stopped at that point?

Re.pgAdmin3:

http://pgadmin.org/

2016-01-08 - pgAdmin v1.22.0 available

pgAdmin 1.22 has been released, offering new features, bug fixes and
support for PostgreSQL 9.5. ...

So the 9.5 compatible version may not have made it way into the repos yet.

> Kind Regards,
>
> Henning.
>

> [1]: http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/trusty-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages
> [2]: http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/wily-pgdg/main/binary-amd64/Packages
>

> --
> Henning Hoefer
> Software Engineer
>
> Device Insight GmbH, Willy-Brandt-Platz 6, D-81829 München
> http://www.device-insight.com
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRB 149018
> Geschäftsführer: Reinhold Stammeier

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Packages for Ubuntu Wily

От
Henning Hoefer
Small update: Today the missing "pgdg-keyring" has been added to the
"wily-pgdg" apt repository.
My problem is thereby mostly resolved! :-)

Now only waiting for a new "pgadmin3" package...

Thanks everyone (and especially the package maintainers)!

Best regards,
Henning.