Обсуждение: xa compatibility

xa compatibility

От
"Xaver Thum"

Hi all,

is there an option (provided by Postgres) accessing a Postgres DB via  the standard XA interface ?

I don't mean the usage of JDBC's class PGXADataSource,
but the usual XA methods xa_open, xa_prepare, xa_commit, ... of the XA standard.

Thanks in advance,

Xaver

Avast logo

Re: xa compatibility

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
is there an option (provided by Postgres) accessing a Postgres DB via  the standard XA interface ?

I don't mean the usage of JDBC's class PGXADataSource,
but the usual XA methods xa_open, xa_prepare, xa_commit, ... of the XA standard.

You might look here : http://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-plus-edb-blog/ahsan-hadi/edb-advances-xa-compatibility

Thanks in advance,

Xaver

Avast logo

Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead
IT DEPT
Dynacom Tankers Mgmt

Re: xa compatibility

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Xaver Thum wrote:
> is there an option (provided by Postgres) accessing a Postgres DB via  the standard XA interface ?
>
> I don't mean the usage of JDBC's class PGXADataSource,
> but the usual XA methods xa_open, xa_prepare, xa_commit, ... of the XA standard.

I am not sure why there is no implementation of the XA API for PostgreSQL,
I have wondered about that myself.

Maybe it is because PostgreSQL's XA support does not offer all the functionality
that the standard provides, maybe it is just because nobody wrote the code for it.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe