Обсуждение: psql --quiet

psql --quiet

От
Leo Baltus
Дата:
postgresql-9.4.5

When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:

NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been archived

--quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?

I really hate to redirect stderr to /dev/null.

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder
NPO ICT Internet Services

Re: psql --quiet

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
The only other option would be to redirect to a file.
EG:

psql -q --o some_file_to_send_output_to.log

When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:

NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been archived

--quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?

I really hate to redirect stderr to /dev/null.

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder
NPO ICT Internet Services
Bart de Graaffweg 2, 1217 ZL Hilversum
servicedesk@omroep.nl, 035-6773555

Melvin Davidson

Re: psql --quiet

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 10/27/15 3:16 PM, Leo Baltus wrote:
> postgresql-9.4.5
>
> When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:
>
> NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been archived
>
> --quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?

This should work:

set client_min_messages='warning';

This must be done in the same session as the pg_start_backup().

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: psql --quiet

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 10/27/2015 07:16 AM, Leo Baltus wrote:
> postgresql-9.4.5
>
> When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:
>
> NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been archived
>
> --quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?

test=> set client_min_messages = 'warning';
SET

test=> show client_min_messages;
  client_min_messages
---------------------
  warning

test=> select pg_stop_backup();

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHEN

> I really hate to redirect stderr to /dev/null.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: psql --quiet

От
David Steele
Дата:
On 10/27/15 3:32 PM, David Steele wrote:
> On 10/27/15 3:16 PM, Leo Baltus wrote:
>> postgresql-9.4.5
>>
>> When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:
>>
>> NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been
>> archived
>>
>> --quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?
>
> This should work:
>
> set client_min_messages='warning';
>
> This must be done in the same session as the pg_start_backup().

Ugh, pg_stop_backup() rather.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: psql --quiet

От
Leo Baltus
Дата:
Op 27/10/2015 om 15:32:46 +0100, schreef David Steele:
> On 10/27/15 3:16 PM, Leo Baltus wrote:
> >postgresql-9.4.5
> >
> >When running pg_stop_backup() psql outputs on stderr:
> >
> >NOTICE:  pg_stop_backup complete, all required WAL segments have been archived
> >
> >--quiet does not seem to suppress it, what does?
>
> This should work:
>
> set client_min_messages='warning';
>
> This must be done in the same session as the pg_start_backup().

Sweet.

Thanks David.