Обсуждение: Format

Format

От
Ramesh T
Дата:
Hi All,
          How to change sql format to look beautiful and understandable using pgadmin3 or else ther tools for postgres.

any help appreciated..

Re: Format

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE VIEW

As yes, I am being mostly serious - though I have been pondering seeing what tools can do as opposed to the manual formatting I've been performing.  Even a basic linter would be helpful...

The big problem is you need to define what it means to be beautiful.  Understandable is a totally different area and that is more where views and functions come in so you can provide names to the various constructs you are using.  CTE/WITH facilitate this as well.

David J.

          How to change sql format to look beautiful and understandable using pgadmin3 or else ther tools for postgres.

any help appreciated..

Re: Format

От
Igor Neyman

Hi All,

          How to change sql format to look beautiful and understandable using pgadmin3 or else ther tools for postgres.

any help appreciated..

Are you looking for SQL editor?

If that’s the case, take a look at contexteditor.org

Regards,

Igor Neyman

Re: Format

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:

If that’s the case, take a look at contexteditor.org

​format => alter; all I see in the linked editor is highlighting.​..

David J.

Re: Format

От
"David G. Johnston"

Not only, there is little of formatting, like TABs.

But, even highlighting helps.

​Since pgAdminIII does highlighting I figured the OP wanted something more...I know what I am looking is more than just highlighting.

David J.

Re: Format

От
Igor Neyman

If that’s the case, take a look at contexteditor.org

​format => alter; all I see in the linked editor is highlighting.​..

David J.

Not only, there is little of formatting, like TABs.

But, even highlighting helps.

Regards,

Igor Neyman

Re: Format