Обсуждение: @ operator

@ operator

От
Антон Бушмелев
Дата:
Hello, google nothing  for @ operator =(,  what does this mean  field1 <@ ( subquery ) ?

ps: sorry for my english

Re: @ operator

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Thursday, September 17, 2015, Антон Бушмелев <bushmelev.aa@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, google nothing  for @ operator =(,  what does this mean  field1 <@ ( subquery ) ?

It would depend on what field1 is.

Typically <@ is a contains/contained-by operator.  Is this context the subquery is checked to see if it contains the value of field1.

David J.

Re: @ operator

От
John McKown
Дата:
Your English is fine. @< is an "array is contained by" operator:

I assume that field1 is an array, as opposed to just a simple value variable. A simple value variable would be tested with something like: field1 IN ( subquery) . The @< tests that every value in the array field1 is also in the subquery. The subquery might contain other values, but it will contain _all_ values in field1.