Обсуждение: How to tune my new server

How to tune my new server

От
Sachin Srivastava
Дата:
Hi,

If my system RAM is 50 GB then how can I tune my database server without using the Thumb rule of postgresql.conf parameter like:

Shared_buffer: 25% of the RAM
temp_buffers: should be default
work_mem: AvRAM/2 * Max_connections
etc...

There is any another way or any other rule or Tool which can recommend me to tune my database.

Regards,
Sachin

Re: How to tune my new server

От
Joseph Kregloh
Дата:
When tuning the last server that we built I followed the following Wiki page as to where to make adjustments https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server then tested the tweaks using pgbench tools from https://github.com/gregs1104/pgbench-tools. Of course not every machine is built the same and not every PostgreSQL server is used the same, to tune according to the machine and the usage of the server.

Thanks,
-Joseph Kregloh