Обсуждение:

Ramesh T
Дата:
hi all,
           I am using postgres 9.4 on windows 7.

i want import that backup sql file into postgres schema.
i googled i got copy, but when i ran in windows
COPY actor FROM 'c:\users\venu\downloads\sakila-data.sql';
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""
CONTEXT:  COPY actor, line 1, column actor_id: ""
********** Error **********

the backupdata format

COPY actor (actor_id, first_name, last_name, last_update) FROM stdin;
1 PENELOPE GUINESS 2006-02-15 09:34:33
2 NICK WAHLBERG 2006-02-15 09:34:33
3 ED CHASE 2006-02-15 09:34:33
4 JENNIFER DAVIS 2006-02-15 09:34:33

 how to import to table from file in postgres
any help..?

Re:

От
Francisco Olarte
Hi Ramesh:

i want import that backup sql file into postgres schema.
i googled i got copy, but when i ran in windows

​If the backup is an SQL file you just ran it with psql. If it is a DATA file, you copy it:​

COPY actor FROM 'c:\users\venu\downloads\sakila-data.sql';
​You are copying a .sql file, that smells fishy.​

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""
CONTEXT:  COPY actor, line 1, column actor_id: ""

​This may be caused by ​

the backupdata format

COPY actor (actor_id, first_name, last_name, last_update) FROM stdin;
1 PENELOPE GUINESS 2006-02-15 09:34:33
2 NICK WAHLBERG 2006-02-15 09:34:33
3 ED CHASE 2006-02-15 09:34:33
4 JENNIFER DAVIS 2006-02-15 09:34:33

​If your file includes the COPY ... from STDIN then it is definitely an SQL file, it is self contained, the copy from STDIN instructs psql to get the data lines following it until EOF or a \. is found. It is similar to which pg_dump will produce.

A data file would be just the data lines. PSQL would not understand it​, but "copy from xxxx.dat" would be fine.

​ What is exactly in your data file ? If it includes copy from stdin, then 'psql -f data.sql​' would do the trick ( add approiate database names, host, password,  as needed, just the same you would use in an standard psql command, remember db name goes last ).

Regards
    Francisco Olarte.

Re:

От
Pavel Stehule

Hi ,
      How to create job in pgAgent.Where I need to place script in pgAgent..any help

Advanced thanks...

Re:

От
Ramesh T
Дата:
The link is good.

But What I am expecting the following link..Created Using pgAgent.

in above link process they placed  location of the script file at STEP  DEFINTION TAB creation process..

same way  is there  a chance to place creation of table or delete statements in pgAgent process..?

my aim to create job is delete some null data from table daily