Обсуждение: utf8 issues

utf8 issues

От
Felix Ivan Romero Rodríguez

I've got the followin issue with postgres 9.3, trying to restore a backup from sql script:
"invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8″: 0xc2de"
how can i solve it?

Re: utf8 issues

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
Fix the character sequence to be valid UTF8 before you restore it. I'm assuming you're restoring from a pretty old version of Postgres which did not do strict UTF8 character validation. Are you sure the data is encoded as UTF8 and not some other?

Re: utf8 issues

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 02/25/2015 07:11 AM, Felix Ivan Romero Rodríguez wrote:

> I've got the followin issue with postgres 9.3, trying to restore a
> backup from sql script:
> "invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8″: 0xc2de"
> how can i solve it?

Provide more information:)

Where is backup coming from , another database, the same one, etc?

What was the encoding for the database that was backed up?

Is it just the one error or does it happen repeatedly?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com