Обсуждение: Advisory lock grant order

Advisory lock grant order

От
Yossi Cohen
Дата:
Hi,

If I request an advisory lock (pg_advisory_lock) with the same key from several sessions; will the lock be granted in the same order as it was requested?
I.e. if for example:

session 1: select pg_advisory_lock(1); -- acquires the lock
then
session 2: select pg_advisory_lock(1); -- blocks waiting for the lock
then
session 3: select pg_advisory_lock(1); -- blocks waiting for the lock

then
session 1: select pg_advisory_unlock(1); -- releases the lock

Is it guaranteed that now session 2 will be granted the lock because it requested the lock before session 3?

Thanks,
Yossi

Re: Advisory lock grant order

Дата:
Yossi Cohen <yossic00@gmail.com> writes:
> If I request an advisory lock (pg_advisory_lock) with the same key from
> several sessions; will the lock be granted in the same order as it was
> requested?

Usually.  IIRC, the lock code will grant locks out-of-order if a deadlock
would result without it.  There might be some other exceptions but I
don't recall any.

            regards, tom lane