Обсуждение: Is there a function to save schema history internally?

Is there a function to save schema history internally?

От
Patrick Dung
Дата:
Hello Postgresql users,

Is there a function to save schema history internally?
By keeping the schema history inside the DB, we can keep track of what and when is changed in the schema.

While searching google. It seems it is a limitation with the audit trigger:

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

Re: Is there a function to save schema history internally?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/29/2014 11:23 AM, Patrick Dung wrote:
> Hello Postgresql users,
>
> Is there a function to save schema history internally?
> By keeping the schema history inside the DB, we can keep track of what
> and when is changed in the schema.
>
> While searching google. It seems it is a limitation with the audit trigger:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Audit_trigger#Limitation:_Cannot_audit_DDL

Well going forward, 9.4+,  there are EVENT TRIGGERS

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/event-triggers.html

For a recent thread on what is possible or not see:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20EE50F73664E744AF948F0106FE6DFA585A790C@SEAMBX01.sea.corp.int.untd.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Is there a function to save schema history internally?

От
Patrick Dung
Дата:
Hi Adrian,