Обсуждение: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

[HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

От
Sameer Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to do a custom build (and generate binary and source RPM) package for PostgreSQL.

I know community already has a RPM package, but I am trying to do a custom build.

I am using attached SPEC file. But I am not able to get binary rpm. rpmbuild always gives me source rpm only. Is there anything wrong with my spec file?

Towards end of the process I get below messages:

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
Wrote: /root/rpmbuild/SRPMS/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.src.rpm
Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.m3q9Du
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ /bin/rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
+ exit 0

The file I am using is very basic (since I am just starting with the process). Does community maintain an rpm SPEC file for PostgreSQL? Can I get access to it?

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Sameer Kumar wrote:
> I am trying to do a custom build (and generate binary and source RPM) package for PostgreSQL.
>
> I know community already has a RPM package, but I am trying to do a custom build.
>
> I am using attached SPEC file. But I am not able to get binary rpm. rpmbuild always gives me source
> rpm only. Is there anything wrong with my spec file?

It is incomplete.

There should be a %prep, %build, %install and %files section at least.

> Towards end of the process I get below messages:
>

>         Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
>         Wrote: /root/rpmbuild/SRPMS/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.src.rpm
>         Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.m3q9Du
>         + umask 022
>         + cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>         + /bin/rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
>         + exit 0
>

> The file I am using is very basic (since I am just starting with the process). Does community maintain
> an rpm SPEC file for PostgreSQL? Can I get access to it?

Start looking here:
http://yum.postgresql.org/srpms/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/postgresql93.html

The source RPMs contain the spec file.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 10:30 +0000, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Start looking here:
> http://yum.postgresql.org/srpms/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/postgresql93.html
>
> The source RPMs contain the spec file.

Also, http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.3/postgresql/ is the
SVN repo for 9.3 spec files and patches.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
That

I am trying to do a custom build (and generate binary and source RPM) package for PostgreSQL.

I know community already has a RPM package, but I am trying to do a custom build.

I am using attached SPEC file. But I am not able to get binary rpm. rpmbuild always gives me source rpm only. Is there anything wrong with my spec file?
After a quick glance at your spec, I am not seing any %files section.

The file I am using is very basic (since I am just starting with the process). Does community maintain an rpm SPEC file for PostgreSQL?
Can I get access to it?
Use for example this command to create a git repository of that:
git svn clone http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo/rpm/redhat
Or a simple svn command...

If I were you, I'd simply take the community spec and modify it for my needs, it is already really complete and contains automatic management of for example translation files, smth that is always a pain to maintain manually.

Michael

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Sameer Kumar wrote:
> I am trying to do a custom build (and generate binary and source RPM) package for PostgreSQL.
>
> I know community already has a RPM package, but I am trying to do a custom build.
>
> I am using attached SPEC file. But I am not able to get binary rpm. rpmbuild always gives me source
> rpm only. Is there anything wrong with my spec file?

It is incomplete.

There should be a %prep, %build, %install and %files section at least.

I thought %files is non-mandatory.

> Towards end of the process I get below messages:
>

>               Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
>               Wrote: /root/rpmbuild/SRPMS/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.src.rpm
>               Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.m3q9Du
>               + umask 022
>               + cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
>               + /bin/rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/PostgreSQL-9.3-1.x86_64
>               + exit 0
>

> The file I am using is very basic (since I am just starting with the process). Does community maintain
> an rpm SPEC file for PostgreSQL? Can I get access to it?

Start looking here:
http://yum.postgresql.org/srpms/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/postgresql93.html

The source RPMs contain the spec file.

Thanks! this will help

Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL

От
Sameer Kumar
Дата:
Thanks everyone for helping.

If I were you, I'd simply take the community spec and modify it for my needs, it is already really complete and contains automatic management of for example translation files, smth that is always a pain to maintain manually.

I agree and that is why I asked for it :)

Cheers
Sameer