Обсуждение: Clone database using rsync?

Clone database using rsync?

От
sparikh
Дата:
I need to clone production database to development  server ? What is the best
and simplest way to achieve that? Both my production and development
postgres versions are same. Will copy over data folder using rsync work?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Clone database using rsync?

От
Jeff Janes
Дата:
I need to clone production database to development  server ? What is the best
and simplest way to achieve that? Both my production and development
postgres versions are same. Will copy over data folder using rsync work?

How are you currently backing up your production database?  I usually piggy-back off of that method to set up the clone. It kills two birds with one stone, you both get your clone for dev, and you exercise your disaster recovery procedure.

Cheers,

Jeff

Re: Clone database using rsync?

От