Обсуждение: recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)

recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)

От
Henrik
Дата:
hello,

I am trying to recover data from postgesql 8.3 incomplete backup. I have
contents of data/base/ (fs snapshot), but there some tablespaces
(indexes, some tables) were in other locations.

On new server (clean install) I created database, replaced base folder,
renamed database folder to match new database's created name. Postgresql
starts successfully, but it does not see tables in database, there are
no related entries in logs.

How could I recover data from available backup?

Re: recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/28/2013 11:31 AM, Henrik wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying to recover data from postgesql 8.3 incomplete backup. I have
> contents of data/base/ (fs snapshot), but there some tablespaces
> (indexes, some tables) were in other locations.
>
> On new server (clean install) I created database, replaced base folder,
> renamed database folder to match new database's created name. Postgresql
> starts successfully, but it does not see tables in database, there are
> no related entries in logs.
>
> How could I recover data from available backup?

I would think to have any hope you would need the entire PGDATA
directory from the old installation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/storage-file-layout.html

Otherwise you are working with a mix of old and new information, in
particular old information in base and new information in global.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: recovery from incomplete backup (pgsql 8.3)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/28/2013 11:31 AM, Henrik wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying to recover data from postgesql 8.3 incomplete backup. I have
> contents of data/base/ (fs snapshot), but there some tablespaces
> (indexes, some tables) were in other locations.
>
> On new server (clean install) I created database, replaced base folder,
> renamed database folder to match new database's created name. Postgresql
> starts successfully, but it does not see tables in database, there are
> no related entries in logs.

Should have added that the new server would need to be same OS and
architecture.