Обсуждение: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
nikhilruikar
Дата:
Hi
      I am planning to migrate oracle database to postgres. I need to know
if there are any plugins or tool with which I can use stored procedures
written in oracle schema for postgres with out changing them.

Thanks in advance

Re: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
BOUVARD Aurélien
Дата:
Hi ,

Maybe it will help you : http://orafce.projects.pgfoundry.org/

Regards,

Aurélien

 Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce mail qu'en cas de nécessité.

      I am planning to migrate oracle database to postgres. I need to know if there are any plugins or tool with which
Ican use stored procedures written in oracle schema for postgres with out changing them.

Thanks in advance

Re: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
Jayadevan M
Дата:
Hi,

Have a look at orafce for the plugins. Try ora2pg for initial migration. There are differences in how you execute procedures (syntax), packages are missing in PostgreSQL and so on. Please have a look at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL#Oracle

Regards,
Jayadevan

      I am planning to migrate oracle database to postgres. I need to know
if there are any plugins or tool with which I can use stored procedures
written in oracle schema for postgres with out changing them.

Thanks in advance

Re: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

 Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce mail qu'en cas de nécessité.

      I am planning to migrate oracle database to postgres. I need to know if there are any plugins or tool with which I can use stored procedures written in oracle schema for postgres with out changing them.

Thanks in advance

Re: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
nikhilruikar
Дата:
hi all

       Thanks for response, but what I am exactly looking at is using stored
procedures written for oracle as it is for postgres database.

         Is it possible?
         If not is there any referance document available for converting
oracle stored procedures to postgresql

Thanks in advance

-----
Nikhil Ruikar
contact me at :- nikhilruikar@gmail.com

Re: Using oracle stored procedures for postgresql database

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 9/22/2013 9:01 PM, nikhilruikar wrote:
>         Thanks for response, but what I am exactly looking at is using stored
> procedures written for oracle as it is for postgres database.
>
>           Is it possible?
>           If not is there any referance document available for converting
> oracle stored procedures to postgresql

EnterpriseDB has a commercial version of Postgres to which has been
added extensive Oracle compatibility.  Its supposed to be able to run
most Oracle pl/sql code with little or no change.

The community open source version of Postgres has a pl/pgsql language,
which is superficially similar to pl/sql, but there are significant
differences, not the least of which it only supports 'functions' and not
'procedures'.