Обсуждение: Hash Support Function

Hash Support Function

От
Soroosh Sardari
Дата:
Dear all

I'm developing a new type, and want to have hash index on it.
I must write a hash function for the new type, according to the PG manual, section 35.14.3.
However, there is no example for this function. Actually signature of the hash support function
would be sufficient for me.

Any help appreciated, in advance

Regards,
Soroosh

Re: Hash Support Function

Дата:
Soroosh Sardari <soroosh.sardari@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm developing a new type, and want to have hash index on it.
> I must write a hash function for the new type, according to the PG manual,
> section 35.14.3.
> However, there is no example for this function. Actually signature of the
> hash support function
> would be sufficient for me.

hashfunc(yourtype) returns integer strict immutable

For examples see hashint4, hashfloat8, hashtext, and many others.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Hash Support Function

От
Marc Mamin

>I'm developing a new type, and want to have hash index on it.
>I must write a hash function for the new type, according to the PG manual, section 35.14.3.
>However, there is no example for this function. Actually signature of the hash support function
>would be sufficient for me.

Hello,
Have a look at pghashlib:
https://github.com/markokr/pghashlib