Обсуждение: Need help compiling from souce

Need help compiling from souce

От
Jake Silverman
Дата:
I'm trying to compile pg 9.3 beta 1 from source using microsoft visual studio on a computer running windows 7. When I build I run into around 1600 errors and around 36 warnings.
I imagine I'm doing something horribly wrong. The following is the start of my error log: http://pastebin.com/PdGdvWT7

Any advice?

Re: Need help compiling from souce

Дата:
Jake Silverman <jakerosssilv@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to compile pg 9.3 beta 1 from source using microsoft visual
> studio on a computer running windows 7. When I build I run into around 1600
> errors and around 36 warnings.
> I imagine I'm doing something horribly wrong. The following is the start of
> my error log: http://pastebin.com/PdGdvWT7

You didn't paste enough to show any actual errors ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Need help compiling from souce

От
Jake Silverman
Дата:
Sorry about that, and thanks for taking the time to help me. Here is the full file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4dwf47nob0i7fr/file4.txt

-Jake

(Just realized I didn't hit reply all. I'm sorry for sending you this message twice.)

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Jake Silverman <jakerosssilv@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to compile pg 9.3 beta 1 from source using microsoft visual
> studio on a computer running windows 7. When I build I run into around 1600
> errors and around 36 warnings.
> I imagine I'm doing something horribly wrong. The following is the start of
> my error log: http://pastebin.com/PdGdvWT7

You didn't paste enough to show any actual errors ...

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Need help compiling from souce

Дата:
Jake Silverman <jakerosssilv@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry about that, and thanks for taking the time to help me. Here is the
> full file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4dwf47nob0i7fr/file4.txt

[ lots and lots of
error C2065: 'BLCKSZ' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'XLOG_SEG_SIZE' : undeclared identifier
etc etc ]

It looks like you're missing some of the macros that normally get set up
by the configure script on Unix builds.  I confess I'm not familiar with
how configuration goes on an MSVC build, but did you follow all the
steps in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/install-windows.html
?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Need help compiling from souce

От
Jake Silverman
Дата:
I found out what was happening. When the path variables were manually set, something in build.pl was overwriting 64 bit
to32 bit (not sure why. The build was saying 64 was detected and will be used, but then many files were being compiled
as32 bit).

I used a cmd prompt that came with Msft vs express 2012 called 64x cross tools. It had some preset env variables. So,
maybeI missed a var, or maybe the prompt didn't allow 64 bit to be switched to 32. Whatever the case, it compiled and
installed.

Thank you for taking the time to look through the file and answer me.

-Jake