Обсуждение: excute function before DROP EXTENSION

excute function before DROP EXTENSION

От
Beena Emerson
Дата:
Hello,

I just wanted to know if there was a way to automatically execute a cleanup function before DROP EXTENSION.

In previous versions we have uninstall script which can be modified to call the function before dropping the schema created by the contrib module. Just wondering if I can achieve this in 9.1 onwards using DROP EXTENSION.

--

Beena Emerson

Re: excute function before DROP EXTENSION

От
amulsul
Дата:
Hi Beena,

How about using *TWO* extension?

1. ext_install 2. ext_uninstall

Let me explain,
1. ext_uninstall will contain two command,
   A] SQL calling to cleanup function
   B] DROP EXTENSION ext_install
2. ext_install will have DROP EXTENSION IF EXISTS ext_install (cycle of
install/uninstall) other wise you may not able to create ext_install again &
other command.

it wont sound good, but AFAICS no other option.

Thoughts?  Comments?

Regards,
Amul Sul