Обсуждение: pltcl and modules question

pltcl and modules question

От
hamann.w@t-online.de
Дата:
Hi,

is there any way to use a module within a pltcl script, i.e. have
load /path/to/mystuff.so
or
package require mystuff
in a script.
The reason why I am asking: I have recently converted a fairly slow script
(lots of regex) into one compiled module that basically does all regex at once, and critcl
made it fairly easy to build a .so or a tcl package out of the code

Similarly, would it be possible to access loaded module from perl script, i.e. have
use mystuff;
line

Regards
Wolfgang Hamann

Re: pltcl and modules question

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: pltcl and modules question

От
hamann.w@t-online.de

>> > is there any way to use a module within a pltcl script, i.e. have
>> > load /path/to/mystuff.so
>> > or
>> > package require mystuff
>> > in a script.
>>
>> You can load tcl code by putting it in the pltcl_modules tables. See:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pltcl-unknown.html
>>
>> > Similarly, would it be possible to access loaded module from perl
>> > script, i.e. have
>> > use mystuff;
>>
>> You can load any Perl module you want within a Pl/PerlU function.
>>
>> It's possible to access shared code with Pl/Perl, but it's a little
>> more involved. See:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/plperl-under-the-hood.html
>>
>> - --

Hi Greg,

thanks a lot, I will give it a try next week. Comparing the two references, I sort of fear
that there mght be a problem when tcl wants to load a binary rather than script module
I can try pgtclu as well....

Regards
Wolfgang Hamann