Обсуждение: Parsing COPY ... WITH BINARY

Parsing COPY ... WITH BINARY

От
Leonardo M. Ramé
Дата:
I'm using this:

COPY( select field1, field2, field3 from table ) TO 'C://Program Files/PostgreSql//8.4//data//output.dat' WITH BINARY

To export some fields to a file, one of them is a ByteA field. Now, I
need to read the file with a custom made program.

How can I parse this file?

BTW: I cannot export as CSV, because the binary data is modified when I
do that.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.

Re: Parsing COPY ... WITH BINARY

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com> wrote:
> I'm using this:
>
> COPY( select field1, field2, field3 from table ) TO 'C://Program Files/PostgreSql//8.4//data//output.dat' WITH BINARY
>
> To export some fields to a file, one of them is a ByteA field. Now, I
> need to read the file with a custom made program.
>
> How can I parse this file?
>
> BTW: I cannot export as CSV, because the binary data is modified when I
> do that.

this type of thing is probably better handled with libpq based C
application if you're willing to write one.  all this is assuming you
don't want to decode your bytea from encoded format such as hex.  why
do you specifically need to dump in binary?

merlin

Re: Parsing COPY ... WITH BINARY

От
Leonardo M. Ramé
Дата:
On 2013-01-31 17:38:26 -0600, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com> wrote:
> > I'm using this:
> >
> > COPY( select field1, field2, field3 from table ) TO 'C://Program Files/PostgreSql//8.4//data//output.dat' WITH
BINARY

> > To export some fields to a file, one of them is a ByteA field. Now, I
> > need to read the file with a custom made program.
> >
> > How can I parse this file?
> >
> > BTW: I cannot export as CSV, because the binary data is modified when I
> > do that.
>
> this type of thing is probably better handled with libpq based C
> application if you're willing to write one.  all this is assuming you
> don't want to decode your bytea from encoded format such as hex.  why
> do you specifically need to dump in binary?
>
> merlin

I need to dump in binary because in the dump I have bytea fields. I know
PostgreSql escapes binary data, but I don't want to regenerate it to
"see" in my program.

Anyway, I solved the issue by creating a FreePascal program for parsing
the file, based on the info from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html#AEN66736