Обсуждение: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Bartosz Dmytrak
Дата:
Hi all,
I've notice not all my functions are tracked by pg_stat_user_functions view.
Interesting thing is similar functions in different db are tracked correctly.

query:
SELECT p.* FROM pg_proc p
LEFT JOIN pg_stat_user_functions stat
ON (p.OID = stat.funcid)
INNER JOIN  pg_language l
ON (l.oid = p.prolang)
WHERE stat.funcid IS NULL AND l.lanname = 'plpgsql'

gives non null output (50 rows in my case)
I am aware internal functions are not tracked, but in my case there are user defined functions all written in plpgsql

any ideas?

params:
track_functions=all
PostgreSQL v. 9.2.2 on Windows 2008R2 (64bit)

Regards,
Bartek

Fwd: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Bartosz Dmytrak
Дата:
Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea why it works like this?

Regards,
Bartek

Re: Fwd: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/29/2013 03:50 AM, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anyone have an idea why it works like this?

Not quite sure what you are asking. On the assumption that functions are
not showing up in the view, have you checked:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-statistics.html#GUC-TRACK-FUNCTIONS
"
track_functions (enum)
Enables tracking of function call counts and time used. Specify pl to
track only procedural-language functions, all to also track SQL and C
language functions. The default is none, which disables function
statistics tracking. Only superusers can change this setting.

Note: SQL-language functions that are simple enough to be "inlined" into
the calling query will not be tracked, regardless of this setting.
"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Fwd: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Bartosz Dmytrak

I am asking for info why not all functions are tracked.
"All" - I mean plpgsql functions. Just like I said before, I am aware not all functions all tracked but my functions (written in plpgsql) should be.

Regards,
Bartek

Re: Fwd: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/29/2013 07:36 AM, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:

> 2013/1/29 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@gmail.com>>
>

>     Not quite sure what you are asking.
>

> I am asking for info why not all functions are tracked.
> "All" - I mean plpgsql functions. Just like I said before, I am aware
> not all functions all tracked but my functions (written in plpgsql)
> should be.

Are they never tracked or just sometimes?
Is it particular functions or random?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Fwd: Functions not visible in pg_stat_user_functions view

От
Bartosz Dmytrak
Дата: