Обсуждение: Server doesn't accept connection

Server doesn't accept connection

От
fra2012
Дата:
Hi,

i'm new user i'm this problem:

My database Pgadmin III up to yesterday connect, tomorrow display this
message:
Could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?

I'm scanning pc with antivirus, it's ok.
I'm not delete users or made changes.
My version of Postgres è 9.1.3-1

I change the date, i'm rename directory log, i'm reinstall version of
postgres...

Help my please.

Fra2012

Re: Server doesn't accept connection

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/26/2012 07:39 AM, fra2012 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm new user i'm this problem:
>
> My database Pgadmin III up to yesterday connect, tomorrow display this
> message:
> Could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
> server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP
> connections on port 5432?
>
> I'm scanning pc with antivirus, it's ok.
> I'm not delete users or made changes.
> My version of Postgres è 9.1.3-1
>
> I change the date, i'm rename directory log, i'm reinstall version of
> postgres...

So to be clear you did a reinstall of Postgres just before this error
occurred or after?

> Help my please.
>
> Fra2012

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Server doesn't accept connection

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/26/2012 08:57 AM, Empire Software srl wrote:
> Dear mr Adrian,
>
> I reinstall postgres 9.1 but the problem  does not change.
>
> I open the config file pg_hda.conf  the adress is 127.0.0.1/32

I am CCing the list so more eyes can see.

pg_hba.conf controls who gets in once a connection is made. Your problem
is the connection is not being made.

Some questions:

Look in postgresql.conf:
   What is listen_addresses set to?

Is the server on the same machine as the pgAdminIII client?
   Could there be a firewall issue?

What are the OSs' involved?
   You mentioned AV software so I assume Windows is at least one of them

Is there a chance more than one instance of Postgres running and none
are on port 5432?
   Look in postgresql.conf for the port setting.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com