Обсуждение: Need to run a job in PgAdmin-III

Need to run a job in PgAdmin-III

От
pavithra
Дата:
I have pgAdmin-III. It has version 1.12.3. I would like to run a job. I have schedule an SQL Job. But when i run there is no output. Can anybody let me know what needs to be done?. Also, Can any one tell, where i need to look for the errors, when i run a job?.

Re: Need to run a job in PgAdmin-III

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 09/23/12 11:24 PM, pavithra wrote:
> I have pgAdmin-III. It has version 1.12.3. I would like to run a job.
> I have schedule an SQL Job. But when i run there is no output. Can
> anybody let me know what needs to be done?. Also, Can any one tell,
> where i need to look for the errors, when i run a job?

by 'job', do you mean run a SQL script file?    I'd suggest using psql
for that.

     psql -h hostname -d dbname -u username -f scriptfile.sql >outfile.txt

Re: Need to run a job in PgAdmin-III

От
Raghavendra