Обсуждение: Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta

Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
I've seen the following statement made several places.

"Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta are available from
the project's downloads page for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD and
Solaris."

But I looking in the following links does not produce any results:

http://www.postgresql.org/download/
or
http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
or
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows

Are we waiting for a refresh on the download page?

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:28 -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
> I've seen the following statement made several places.
>
> "Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta are available from
> the project's downloads page for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD and
> Solaris."
>
> But I looking in the following links does not produce any results:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/
> or
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
> or
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows
>
> Are we waiting for a refresh on the download page?

Nope, download page is for stable releases AFAIUI.

Alpha/Beta packages are available on
http://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
Okay, should the 9.2 beta announcement and press releases be amended
to show this link rather than the ones posted?

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:28 -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
>> I've seen the following statement made several places.
>>
>> "Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta are available from
>> the project's downloads page for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD and
>> Solaris."
>>
>> But I looking in the following links does not produce any results:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/download/
>> or
>> http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
>> or
>> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows
>>
>> Are we waiting for a refresh on the download page?
>>

> Nope, download page is for stable releases AFAIUI.
>
> Alpha/Beta packages are available on
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/
>

> --
> Guillaume
> http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
> http://www.dalibo.com

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: Pre-built binary packages of PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:41 -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
> Okay, should the 9.2 beta announcement and press releases be amended
> to show this link rather than the ones posted?

The only one available in the announcement is
http://www.postgresql.org/download/ which contains the following
paragraph:

Beta/RC Releases and Development snapshots (unstable)

There are source code and binary
packages[http://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots] of beta and
release candidates, and of the current development code available for
testing and evaluation of new features. Note that these builds should be
used for testing purposes only, and not for production systems.