Обсуждение: Strange crash logs

Strange crash logs

От
Rocco Zanni
Дата:
Hi,
someone can help me understanding what happened in this crash logs?

http://pastebin.com/0ruR4egm

PostgreSQL version is:
- PostgreSQL 9.1.2 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc-4.6.real (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1, 64-bit

Re: Strange crash logs

Дата:
Rocco Zanni <rocco.zanni@spreaker.com> writes:
> someone can help me understanding what happened in this crash logs?
> http://pastebin.com/0ruR4egm

What was happening *before* the lines you showed?

The information there seems to indicate that something got stuck while
holding the ProcStructLock, but there's no way to tell what or why from
this much info.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Strange crash logs

От
Rocco Zanni
Дата:
Hi Tom,
we've discovered more informations in the meanwhile.

It seems that a bug in our backup tools caused a freeze in the
database filesystem. The tool was stucked inside an xfs_freeze for a
several minutes and caused the kernel to terminate processes locked
waiting for write lock. One of this processes was postgresql.

I don't believe that was an issue on postgres-side.

Bye,
Rocco

---
Rocco Zanni