Обсуждение: where to find initdb log file?

where to find initdb log file?

От
clover white
Дата:
HI, i have a problem when using pg, thanks for help. :)

  I used command initdb, but nothing was created in my pgdata directory.
 however, I used command ps to list all the processes, and I found inidb process kept running all the time.

I don't know what happened, and i want to read the log file of initdb.

Could someone tell me where the log is? thank you.

my pg version is 9.1.2

Re: where to find initdb log file?

От
Alan Hodgson
Дата:
On Saturday, March 31, 2012 01:52:37 AM clover white wrote:
> HI, i have a problem when using pg, thanks for help. :)
>
>   I used command initdb, but nothing was created in my pgdata directory.
>  however, I used command ps to list all the processes, and I found inidb
> process kept running all the time.
>
> I don't know what happened, and i want to read the log file of initdb.
>
> Could someone tell me where the log is? thank you.
>
> my pg version is 9.1.2

I don't believe there is a log. initdb logs what it's doing on stdout and then
finishes.

It does have a debug option to print more info while running.