Обсуждение: ORAFCE -> UTL_FILE -> pul_line

ORAFCE -> UTL_FILE -> pul_line

От
bj77
Дата:
Hi,

OS: SUSE LINUX

I am writing a logfile (batch process) with the ORAFCE utilities of
UTL_FILE.
I recently observed that the logfile is not refreshed after every new entry
written. It appears to me that the every 4096 bytes of data are written at
the same time.

Can anyone explain me this please? And is it possible to change that in
order to write every line directly into a file (being able to see the
current file input with putty or WINSCP)?

Sorry for my english, i hope you did understand my question.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Saludos

Re: ORAFCE -> UTL_FILE -> pul_line

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

2012/1/13 bj77 <jovino_blanco@hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> OS: SUSE LINUX
>
> I am writing a logfile (batch process) with the ORAFCE utilities of
> UTL_FILE.
> I recently observed that the logfile is not refreshed after every new entry
> written. It appears to me that the every 4096 bytes of data are written at
> the same time.

It doesn't flush after any write. Filebuffers are flushed when file is
closed or when function fflush is explicitly called.

Use utl_file.fflush(file utl_file.file_type)  after write, and then
your logfile will be fresh every time.

Regards

Pavel Stehule