Обсуждение: Postgresql connect into windows server

Postgresql connect into windows server

От
Yuriy Rusinov
Дата:
Hello, All !

I have 2 machines with Gentoo Linux its ip is 192.168.17.109 and
Windows XP ip is 192.168.17.124
Postgresql 9.0.1 was installed on both machines. If I connect from
Windows machine onto Linux machine all works fine. pg_hba.conf on
linux machine is
   local   all             all                                     trust
  # IPv4 local connections:
  host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32              trust
  # IPv6 local connections:
  host    all             all             ::1/128                       trust
  host    all             all             192.168.17.1/24        trust

But if I connect from linux machine onto postgresql windows I receive
error message
Connection timed out.
 Is the server running on host "192.168.17.124" and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?"
Its pg_hba.conf is
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
host    all             all             192.168.17.109/32       trust
host    all             all             192.168.17.1/24         trust
postgresql.conf is

listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
                    # (change requires restart)
port = 5432                # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 100

But pg_admin on windows successfully works on both servers.
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Best regards,
Sincerely yours,

Re: Postgresql connect into windows server

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 12/13/11 9:27 PM, Yuriy Rusinov wrote:
> But pg_admin on windows successfully works on both servers.
> Any ideas ?

is a windows firewall blocking incoming connections on port 5432/tcp ?

Re: Postgresql connect into windows server

От
Yuriy Rusinov
Дата:
Hello !

>> But pg_admin on windows successfully works on both servers.
>> Any ideas ?
>

> is a windows firewall blocking incoming connections on port 5432/tcp ?

Possible yes, but which way I have to verify it ?

--
Best regards,
Sincerely yours,
Yuriy Rusinov.

Re: Postgresql connect into windows server

От
David Johnston
Дата:
On Dec 14, 2011, at 0:40, Yuriy Rusinov <yrusinov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello !
>

>>> But pg_admin on windows successfully works on both servers.
>>> Any ideas ?
>>

>> is a windows firewall blocking incoming connections on port 5432/tcp ?
>>

> Possible yes, but which way I have to verify it ?

Turn off the firewall and see if it works...

Re: Postgresql connect into windows server

От
Yuriy Rusinov
Дата:
Hello, All !

>>> is a windows firewall blocking incoming connections on port 5432/tcp ?
>>>

>> Possible yes, but which way I have to verify it ?

When I add rule for 5432/tcp port, all works fine.
Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
Sincerely yours,