Обсуждение: Tables creation date and time

Tables creation date and time

От
Prashant Bharucha
Дата:
Hello All

Could you please help me to find out of tables creation date and time in database ?

Thanks
P Bharucha

Re: Tables creation date and time

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Prashant Bharucha
<prashantbharucha@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Could you please help me to find out of tables creation date and time in database ?

Generally speaking the easiest and simplest way is to log such
information and then go through the logs to find out.  Otherwise,
there's no way that this information is really stored in pgsql.

Re: Tables creation date and time

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

Could you please help me to find out of tables creation date and time in database ?

Thanks
P Bharucha

If you have a PostgreSQL 9.1, you can use a security hooks and write own custom extension, that will store a timestamp to somewhere. This task is possible - I did it, but I can't to publish this work. There are no other ways - you can find a some tips on net based on ctime of datafile - but these values should be invalid.

Regards

Pavel