Обсуждение: Using KNN for objects that have more than 2 dimensions?

Using KNN for objects that have more than 2 dimensions?

От
"Benjamin Arai, Ph.D."
Дата:
Hello,

I have a data sets where each of the objects is represented in a metric space with 32 dimensions (i.e., each object is represented by 32 numbers). Is there a way to represent this object in Postgresql so that I can perform KNN?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Re: Using KNN for objects that have more than 2 dimensions?

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/21/11 11:20 PM, Benjamin Arai, Ph.D. wrote:
> I have a data sets where each of the objects is represented in a
> metric space with 32 dimensions (i.e., each object is represented by
> 32 numbers). Is there a way to represent this object in Postgresql so
> that I can perform KNN?

Would an array of 32 integers or doubles be suitable for this?

Whats KNN ?

Re: Using KNN for objects that have more than 2 dimensions?

От
Bèrto ëd Sèra
Дата:
Hi
>Whats KNN ?
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What's_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1#K-Nearest-Neighbor_Indexing

At least this is my understanding of the question. I'm unable to check if it will work on an array (it should, as far as my understanding goes).

Bèrto

--
==============================
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Re: Using KNN for objects that have more than 2 dimensions?

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/22/11 12:11 AM, Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote:
> Hi
> >Whats KNN ?
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What's_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1#K-Nearest-Neighbor_Indexing
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1#K-Nearest-Neighbor_Indexing>
>

> At least this is my understanding of the question. I'm unable to check
> if it will work on an array (it should, as far as my understanding goes).

perhaps using the N dimensional CUBE feature from the contrib stuff,
this is apparently fully supported by GIST indexes, so may be usable in
KNN, although I'm having trouble finding KNN in the main manual.