Обсуждение:

"daflmx"
Дата:
Hello,all.
I have installed the postgresql .
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
LOG:database system was shut down at 2011-11-10 15:36:14 CST
LOG:database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:autovacuum launcher started
but when I want to connect to the server at another terminal
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb mydb
createdb:could nto connect to database postgres:could not connect to server:No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
FATAL:lock file "postmaster.pid"already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster(PID 1950)running in data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"?
I don't know how to slove this problem,I wish you can tell me the reason.Thanks .

Re:

От
Raghavendra
Дата:
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
LOG:database system was shut down at 2011-11-10 15:36:14 CST
LOG:database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:autovacuum launcher started

To start/stop use pg_ctl utility which has good options.
Eg:-
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data start
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data stop

but when I want to connect to the server at another terminal
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb mydb
createdb:could nto connect to database postgres:could not connect to server:No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I don't think you are trying to connect to the database, however you are creating the database in a cluster.
For connection you need to use below command:-
Eg:-
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U postgres -p 5432 -d postgres

$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
FATAL:lock file "postmaster.pid"already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster(PID 1950)running in data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"?

This tell you cluster is already up and running and ready to accept connections.
You can know the status of cluster whether running or not by below command.
Eg:-
$/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data status.

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

Re:

Дата:
"=?ISO-8859-1?B?ZGFmbG14?=" <daflmx@qq.com> writes:
> [ server is running but ]
>  $/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb mydb
>  createdb:could nto connect to database postgres:could not connect to server:No such file or directory
>  Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

That last line shows that psql (or more specifically, the libpq.so
shared library) thinks it should connect to a local socket file at
/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432.  However, the common location
for Postgres' local socket file is /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.  I suspect
if you look in /tmp, you'll find that the server did create a
socket file there.

In short: this problem occurs because you have a postmaster built one
way and a client library built for a different convention.  You could
force things with the -h switch to psql, but it would be more convenient
to be using postmaster and client library from the same distribution.

            regards, tom lane

Re:

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/09/11 11:54 PM, daflmx wrote:
> I have installed the postgresql .
> $/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

What version of postgres?

What installation method? (compile from source? install prebuilt binary
from where?)

What operating system version and distribution?