Обсуждение: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

От
Andrea Peri
Дата:
Hi,

I'm using the compiled version of PG 9.1.1 on win32 .

try-ing to call the xslt_process(text,text) (two parameter version)

PG say me it is not available.

In the docs are say that it is available only if compiled with the libxslt lib.
I see that dll is available in the lib folder.
So I guess it should be available.

To verify if it is available I search that function in the list of functions with pg-admin.
But it is not available.Neither the three parameter version of xslt_process() is available.

Perhaps is need to run some script to have it available ?

Thx,

--
-----------------
Andrea Peri

Re: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 10/26/11 11:13 PM, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the compiled version of PG 9.1.1 on win32 .
>
> try-ing to call the xslt_process(text,text) (two parameter version)
>
> PG say me it is not available.
>
> In the docs are say that it is available only if compiled with the
> libxslt lib.
> I see that dll is available in the lib folder.
> So I guess it should be available.
>
> To verify if it is available I search that function in the list of
> functions with pg-admin.
> But it is not available.Neither the three parameter version of
> xslt_process() is available.
>
> Perhaps is need to run some script to have it available ?

isn't that part of the deprecated XML2 contributed module?

wild guess says you need to install the contrib module with something
like...

     CREATE EXTENSION xml2;

but, as a deprecated module, XML2 has been on the 'remove soon' list
since 8.4.  Instead,, you should use the SQL/XML standard compliant
functions built into postgres,

Re: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Oct 27, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Andrea Peri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the compiled version of PG 9.1.1 on win32 .
>
> try-ing to call the xslt_process(text,text) (two parameter version)
>
> PG say me it is not available.
>
> In the docs are say that it is available only if compiled with the libxslt lib.
> I see that dll is available in the lib folder.
> So I guess it should be available.
>
> To verify if it is available I search that function in the list of functions with pg-admin.
> But it is not available.Neither the three parameter version of xslt_process() is available.
>
> Perhaps is need to run some script to have it available ?

xslt_process function is part of xml2 contrib module. Execute following for xml2

CREATE EXTENSION xml2;

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Blog: http://vibhork.blogspot.com

Re: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

От
aperi2007
Дата:
Hi Vibor,

thx for hint.
it resolve.

Really great new the extension command !

Best regards,