Обсуждение: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Viktor Rosenfeld
Дата:
Hi,

I need to move data from PostgreSQL to MonetDB and also bulk-import data
into MonetDB that was bulk-exported from PostgreSQL by other people. My
problem is that boolean data is exported by PostgreSQL using the values
"t" and "f" (unquoted) and that MonetDB expects "true" and "false".  Is
there a way to change how boolean columns are exported?

I'm using the following command to export:

  \copy table to 'filename' WITH NULL 'NULL';

And to import (in MonetDB):

  copy into table from '/path/to/filename' USING DELIMITERS '\t','\n','';

Cheers,
Viktor

Re: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Henry Drexler
Дата:
couldn't you just wrap it in a case statement to change the t to true etc...?

I need to move data from PostgreSQL to MonetDB and also bulk-import data
into MonetDB that was bulk-exported from PostgreSQL by other people. My
problem is that boolean data is exported by PostgreSQL using the values
"t" and "f" (unquoted) and that MonetDB expects "true" and "false".  Is
there a way to change how boolean columns are exported?

I'm using the following command to export:

 \copy table to 'filename' WITH NULL 'NULL';

And to import (in MonetDB):

 copy into table from '/path/to/filename' USING DELIMITERS '\t','\n','';

Cheers,
Viktor

Re: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Henry Drexler

couldn't you just wrap it in a case statement to change the t to true etc...?

example:

select
case when (1=1) = true then 'true' else 'false' end

Re: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Viktor Rosenfeld
Дата:
I was looking for an easier, more automatic way, but I wrote a few
scripts that wrapped the boolean fields in case statements as suggested.

Thanks,
Viktor

Henry Drexler wrote:

> couldn't you just wrap it in a case statement to change the t to true
> etc...?
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to move data from PostgreSQL to MonetDB and also bulk-import data
> > into MonetDB that was bulk-exported from PostgreSQL by other people. My
> > problem is that boolean data is exported by PostgreSQL using the values
> > "t" and "f" (unquoted) and that MonetDB expects "true" and "false".  Is
> > there a way to change how boolean columns are exported?
> >
> > I'm using the following command to export:
> >
> >  \copy table to 'filename' WITH NULL 'NULL';
> >
> > And to import (in MonetDB):
> >
> >  copy into table from '/path/to/filename' USING DELIMITERS '\t','\n','';
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Viktor
> >
> > --

Re: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 18 Oct 2011, at 17:54, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> I was looking for an easier, more automatic way, but I wrote a few
> scripts that wrapped the boolean fields in case statements as suggested.

You are aware that COPY accepts a query as well?
You could also have created a VIEW over that table that translates those values.

Alban Hertroys

Re: Use true and false when bulk-exporting boolean data

От
Viktor Rosenfeld
Дата:
Hi Alban,

in the end I used a COPY statement with a query and a CASE statement as
suggested by Henry.

Cheers,
Viktor