Обсуждение: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here goes: I've
just installed Postgres 9.1.1 from backports.debian.org on a fresh
installation of Debian Squeeze, and when I run psql here's what I get:

rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
Can't exec "dpkg-architecture": No such file or directory at
/usr/bin/psql line 103.
Use of uninitialized value $multiarch in scalar chomp at /usr/bin/psql
line 104.
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.1.1)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

It looks to me as if there's a bug there somewhere.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Jens Wilke
Дата:
On Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

Hi,

> rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
> Can't exec "dpkg-architecture": No such file or directory at

dpkg-architecture is missing.
This file is provided by the package dpkg-dev.

Regards, Jens

Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 12:19:22PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here goes: I've
> just installed Postgres 9.1.1 from backports.debian.org on a fresh
> installation of Debian Squeeze, and when I run psql here's what I get:
>
> rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
> Can't exec "dpkg-architecture": No such file or directory at
> /usr/bin/psql line 103.
> Use of uninitialized value $multiarch in scalar chomp at /usr/bin/psql
> line 104.
> Password for user postgres:
> psql (9.1.1)
> SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> postgres=#
>
> It looks to me as if there's a bug there somewhere.

    apt-get install dpkg-dev

should fix what you are seeing. The question remains whether
postgresql-client(-common) should "Depends:" from dpkg-dev
-- this should be "reportbug postgresql-client"ed.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Karsten Hilbert (Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net) wrote:
>     apt-get install dpkg-dev
>
> should fix what you are seeing. The question remains whether
> postgresql-client(-common) should "Depends:" from dpkg-dev
> -- this should be "reportbug postgresql-client"ed.

I believe Martin has just put together some packages which resolve that
issue (and, it shouldn't :).

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 08/10/2011 13:03, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Karsten Hilbert (Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net) wrote:
>> apt-get install dpkg-dev
>>
>> should fix what you are seeing. The question remains whether
>> postgresql-client(-common) should "Depends:" from dpkg-dev --
>> this should be "reportbug postgresql-client"ed.
>
> I believe Martin has just put together some packages which resolve
>  that issue (and, it shouldn't :).

Thanks everyone - I installed dpkg-dev, and it now produces a
different message:

rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is not a supported variable name at
/usr/bin/dpkg-architecture line 214.
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.1.1)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

It's not a big deal for me - Postgres is obviously working OK for me,
which is the main thing, so I'll wait for the new packages. Do you
know if they'll be available from backports, or do I get them elsewhere?

Thanks for your help,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 03:54:31PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

Oh, wait, you said Squeeze - which doesn't have:

> Thanks everyone - I installed dpkg-dev, and it now produces a
> different message:
>
> rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
> DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is not a supported variable name at /usr/bin/dpkg-architecture line 214.

multi-arch and neither has:

> Password for user postgres:
> psql (9.1.1)

which then must be from Wheezy or Sid and uses multi-arch.

Karsten