Обсуждение: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
Alexander Farber
Дата:
Hello,

I use PostgreSQL 8.4 under CentOS 5.7:

#  rpm -qa | grep post
compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5
postgresql-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
postgresql-server-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5
postgresql-libs-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
postgresql-devel-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5

And perform nightly backups with this cronjob:

1   1    *   *   *    pg_dump $PGDATABASE | gzip -c >
$HOME/backups/pref-`date +\%F`.sql.gz

I also restored them on the same and another
machines (dev. VMs) often and w/o problems.

Now I'm trying to migrate to another machine
and CentOS 6 and suddenly emits the warnings:

# rpm -qa|grep post
postgresql-libs-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
postgresql-devel-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
postgresql-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
postgresql-docs-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
postgresql-server-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64

pref# \i pref-2011-10-05-a.sql
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:16: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already exists
ALTER LANGUAGE
SET
CREATE DOMAIN
ALTER DOMAIN
CREATE FUNCTION
ALTER FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
ALTER FUNCTION
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:195: ERROR:  function "pref_update_catch"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:236: ERROR:  function "pref_update_game"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:256: ERROR:  function "pref_update_hand"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:288: ERROR:  function "pref_update_luck"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
ALTER FUNCTION
psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:339: ERROR:  function "pref_update_match"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION

The 1st waring is ok, as I've run "create language plpgsql" before.

But why do I get the function warings?

In my original database I don't see any duplicates with \df or \df+

# psql
psql (8.4.9)
Type "help" for help.

pref=> \df pref_update_catch

                                                List of functions
 Schema |       Name        | Result data type |
                                                                  Argument data
types
                        |  Type
--------+-------------------+------------------+--------------------------------
------------------------+--------
 public | pref_update_catch | void             | _id character varying, _trix0 i
nteger, _trix1 integer, _trix2 integer, _trix3 integer, _trix4 integer, _trix5 i
nteger, _trix6 integer, _trix7 integer, _trix8 integer, _trix9 integer, _trix10
integer, _trust integer | normal
(1 row)

Same picture in my target database on CentOS 6.0
(it has 8.4.7 and not 8.4.9 though)

Any ideas what is happening please?

Regards
Alex

Re: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Oct 5, 2011, at 11:21, Alexander Farber wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use PostgreSQL 8.4 under CentOS 5.7:
>
> #  rpm -qa | grep post
> compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5
> postgresql-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
> postgresql-server-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
> compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5
> postgresql-libs-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
> postgresql-devel-8.4.9-1PGDG.rhel5
>
> And perform nightly backups with this cronjob:
>
> 1   1    *   *   *    pg_dump $PGDATABASE | gzip -c >
> $HOME/backups/pref-`date +\%F`.sql.gz
>
> I also restored them on the same and another
> machines (dev. VMs) often and w/o problems.
>
> Now I'm trying to migrate to another machine
> and CentOS 6 and suddenly emits the warnings:
>
> # rpm -qa|grep post
> postgresql-libs-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
> postgresql-devel-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
> postgresql-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
> postgresql-docs-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
> postgresql-server-8.4.7-2.el6.x86_64
>
> pref# \i pref-2011-10-05-a.sql
> SET
> SET
> SET
> SET
> SET
> SET
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:16: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already exists
> ALTER LANGUAGE
> SET
> CREATE DOMAIN
> ALTER DOMAIN
> CREATE FUNCTION
> ALTER FUNCTION
> CREATE FUNCTION
> ALTER FUNCTION
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:195: ERROR:  function "pref_update_catch"
> already exists with same argument types
> ALTER FUNCTION
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:236: ERROR:  function "pref_update_game"
> already exists with same argument types
> ALTER FUNCTION
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:256: ERROR:  function "pref_update_hand"
> already exists with same argument types
> ALTER FUNCTION
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:288: ERROR:  function "pref_update_luck"
> already exists with same argument types
> ALTER FUNCTION
> CREATE FUNCTION
> ALTER FUNCTION
> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:339: ERROR:  function "pref_update_match"
> already exists with same argument types
> ALTER FUNCTION
>
> The 1st waring is ok, as I've run "create language plpgsql" before.
>
> But why do I get the function warings?

Likely someone mistakenly added the functions to template1 of the machine you're restoring onto and they're getting
addedto the new database when it's created.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
Alexander Farber
Дата:
Thank you Michael, but no -

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> wrote:
>> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:339: ERROR:  function "pref_update_match"
>> already exists with same argument types
>> ALTER FUNCTION
>
> Likely someone mistakenly added the functions to template1 of the machine you're restoring onto and they're getting
addedto the new database when it's created.

# psql -U postgres -W template1
Password for user postgres:
psql (8.4.7)
Type "help" for help.

template1=# \df
                       List of functions
 Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)

Re: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
On 10/05/2011 05:27 PM, Alexander Farber wrote: <blockquote
cite="mid:CAADeyWiQJVZ-5ZCK8gYo6H9at_ztfGHN-PXToj8E0ERYTjV2Cg@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">Thank you
Michael,but no -

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Michael Glaesemann <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:grzm@seespotcode.net"><grzm@seespotcode.net></a>wrote:

"pref_update_match"
already exists with same argument types
ALTER FUNCTION
Likely someone mistakenly added the functions to template1 of the machine you're restoring onto and they're getting
addedto the new database when it's created.

# psql -U postgres -W template1
Password for user postgres:
psql (8.4.7)
Type "help" for help.

template1=# \df                      List of functionsSchema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)
againafter failure? It does not run in a transaction, unless you ask it to, so if it failed on something and you want
torun it again, you should drop the database and create it again.<br /><br />

Re: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
Alexander Farber wrote:
>>> psql:pref-2011-10-05-a.sql:339: ERROR:  function "pref_update_match"
>>> already exists with same argument types
>>> ALTER FUNCTION

>> Likely someone mistakenly added the functions to template1 of the machine you're restoring onto and
>> they're getting added to the new database when it's created.

> # psql -U postgres -W template1
> Password for user postgres:
> psql (8.4.7)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> template1=# \df
>                        List of functions
>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
> (0 rows)

That should be \dfS

That the functions are in template1 is just a theory - the fact
is that they were already defined in the database where you
restored the dump.

What is you drop and recreate the database, then run
\dfS in a superuser psql session to make sure there is nothing there,
then restore.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: function "XXX" already exists with same argument types

От
Alexander Farber
Дата:
Thanks for your comments,
the problem has disappeared on the 2nd restore,
but I'll keep you suggestions in mind!