Обсуждение: table sequence, renumbering

table sequence, renumbering

От
"J.V."
Дата:
What is the absolute fastest way to populate a primary key / id column
from a named db sequence (disabled constraints and want to renumber the
primary key / id column from sequence.

cannot use auto inc or serial column because need to use generic
hibernate mapping files for multiple DB's in the end, but want a stored
proc to simple reorder a primary key int column pulling from a named
sequence, if there is a single command.

thanks

J.V.

Re: table sequence, renumbering

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM, J.V. <jvsrvcs@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the absolute fastest way to populate a primary key / id column from
> a named db sequence (disabled constraints and want to renumber the primary
> key / id column from sequence.
>
> cannot use auto inc or serial column because need to use generic hibernate
> mapping files for multiple DB's in the end, but want a stored proc to simple
> reorder a primary key int column pulling from a named sequence, if there is
> a single command.

Not even temporary sequences to do the just the renumbering?

Re: table sequence, renumbering

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 04/10/2011 16:51, J.V. wrote:
> What is the absolute fastest way to populate a primary key / id column
> from a named db sequence (disabled constraints and want to renumber the
> primary key / id column from sequence.
>
> cannot use auto inc or serial column because need to use generic
> hibernate mapping files for multiple DB's in the end, but want a stored
> proc to simple reorder a primary key int column pulling from a named
> sequence, if there is a single command.

Something like this? -

  update my_table set my_column = nextval('my_sequence');

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie