Обсуждение: Problem importing a csv file

Problem importing a csv file

От
planas
Дата:
Hi,

I am attempting to import a csv file into a predefined, empty table using the following commands:

COPY ContactUpdates
FROM '/media/Fred/Work/SQL_Server/AP/ContactUpdates.csv'
WITH DELIMITERS ',' CSV

When testing the query I get the following error message

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "COPY"
LINE 1: ...(ANALYZE off, VERBOSE off, COSTS on, BUFFERS off )COPY Conta...
                                                             ^

********** Error **********

ERROR: syntax error at or near "COPY"
SQL state: 42601
Character: 59

I have been able to determine what the error is. Researching the question does not give me any clue what is wrong or what the syntax error is.

Using pgsql 9.1 rc1 on Ubuntu 11.04 (Gnome) 64 bit using pgadminIII
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

Re: Problem importing a csv file

От
pasman pasmański
Дата:
What if you run this query using psql?

--
------------
pasman

Re: Problem importing a csv file

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:03:53 pm planas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to import a csv file into a predefined, empty table
> using the following commands:
>
> COPY ContactUpdates
> FROM '/media/Fred/Work/SQL_Server/AP/ContactUpdates.csv'
> WITH DELIMITERS ',' CSV
>
> When testing the query I get the following error message
>
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "COPY"
> LINE 1: ...(ANALYZE off, VERBOSE off, COSTS on, BUFFERS off )COPY
> Conta...
>                                                              ^
>

> ********** Error **********
>
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "COPY"
> SQL state: 42601
> Character: 59
>
> I have been able to determine what the error is. Researching the
> question does not give me any clue what is wrong or what the syntax
> error is.

Is the above the only command being run? Where is this coming from?:

adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Problem importing a csv file

От
planas
Дата:
It did import the data and it gave no error messages

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com

Re: Problem importing a csv file