Обсуждение: Looking at the contents of a WAL file

Looking at the contents of a WAL file

От
"Winning Runner"
Дата:
Postgres 9.0 on Solaris 10.  Is there any meaningful way to check the contents of a WAL file?  I had a server run out of space and I wanted to check the WAL files to see what was going on that filled up the disk space.  No errors in the log file so whatever was running was running "error free" until the space was all used up.  Server is down right now.   I assume the WAL files are mostly binary files but I was able to cat the last WAL file to the strings utility and see some text which gave me some more clues.