Обсуждение: setting display format of booleans in psql

setting display format of booleans in psql

От
Henry House
Дата:
Is there a way to set the display format of boolean values in psql just
as one can set the display of nulls using \pset null <some string>? I
find presentation of true as 't' and false as 'f' rather poor since 't'
and 'f' do not look very different from each other. I'd like to instead
get 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.

Nothing in the manual page for psql seems helpful.

Re: setting display format of booleans in psql

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

there is not any possibility to change boolean output format.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

2011/8/6 Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>:
> Is there a way to set the display format of boolean values in psql just
> as one can set the display of nulls using \pset null <some string>? I
> find presentation of true as 't' and false as 'f' rather poor since 't'
> and 'f' do not look very different from each other. I'd like to instead
> get 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.
>
> Nothing in the manual page for psql seems helpful.

Re: setting display format of booleans in psql

От
Rob Sargent

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> there is not any possibility to change boolean output format.
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel Stehule
>
> 2011/8/6 Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>:
>
>> Is there a way to set the display format of boolean values in psql just
>> as one can set the display of nulls using \pset null <some string>? I
>> find presentation of true as 't' and false as 'f' rather poor since 't'
>> and 'f' do not look very different from each other. I'd like to instead
>> get 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.
>>
>> Nothing in the manual page for psql seems helpful.
>>
>> --

But I'm sure you could write yourself a (non-volatile?) function which
would wrap your booleans whenever select * is NOT used.

select id, name, bw(isAlien) from individual;

create or replace function bw(boolean b)
returns  char as &&

begin;
/    /if b then
       return 'F';