Обсуждение: string comparison problem

string comparison problem

От
"Johnny Edge"
Дата:
Hi folks,

I have a problem with identical versions of postgresql - 8.3.13

Config files are identical. HostA is a 32 bit CentOS 5.3 install and the hostB is x86_64 CentOS 6.

Difference in architecture should not be a problem - I have another 64 bit CentOS where both queries are executed displaying identical results.

However, libraries which postgresql is compiled against on host B are significantly newer.

Any thoughts how can this be resolved?

PostgreSQL is compiled from source on both servers.

On hostA :

visa2=# select count(1) from tblapplic where firstname>='george' and firstname<='georgezzzz';
 count
-------
   392
(1 row)

visa2=#  select count(1) from tblapplic where lower(firstname) like 'george%' ;
 count
-------
   392
(1 row)

On hostB :

     7
(1 row)

visa2=# select count(1) from tblapplic where lower(firstname) like 'george%' ;
 count
-------
   392
(1 row)

Thanks,
JE

Re: string comparison problem

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 08/01/11 11:12 AM, Johnny Edge wrote:
> I have a problem with identical versions of postgresql - 8.3.13
> Config files are identical. HostA is a 32 bit CentOS 5.3 install and
> the hostB is x86_64 CentOS 6.
> Difference in architecture should not be a problem - I have another 64
> bit CentOS where both queries are executed displaying identical results.
> However, libraries which postgresql is compiled against on host B are
> significantly newer.
> Any thoughts how can this be resolved?
> PostgreSQL is compiled from source on both servers.

same client encoding on both instances?

     SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING;
     SHOW LC_COLLATE;

Re: string comparison problem

От
"Johnny Edge"
Дата:
Many thanks guys !!

Everyone who suggested cause of problem due to LC_COLLATE setting C was
correct.

Problem is resolved.

Apologies for the multiple post.

Kind regards,