Обсуждение: I'm in the depths of a CAST nightmare and I can't work my out

I'm in the depths of a CAST nightmare and I can't work my out

От
Wells Oliver
Дата:
Hi folks. On 8.4 here, and I can't solve this tedious thing. I have two servers. One of them, all the casts are
properlyconfigured. I've pg_dump'ed the DB there, and restored it. And I get tons of errors about incompatible types.

For example, a view w/ some UNION statements blows up: UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT could not convert type integer[] to
text[]

But it works fine on the primary server. So I go into pgadmin, then right-click on Casts, and New Cast. Choose
integer[]as the source, text[] as the target, check Implicit. ERROR: array data types are not binary compatible.
UncheckImplict, same error. The 'Function' drop-down list is empty.

Can anyone help me clear this up? It's a very nagging issue to have my two servers in a different state..

--
Wells Oliver
Architect, Baseball Systems

Re: I'm in the depths of a CAST nightmare and I can't work my out

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:22:44 am Wells Oliver wrote:
> Hi folks. On 8.4 here, and I can't solve this tedious thing. I have two
> servers. One of them, all the casts are properly configured. I've
> pg_dump'ed the DB there, and restored it. And I get tons of errors about
> incompatible types.

Both servers are 8.4 correct? If so you might want to see potential answer
further down.

> For example, a view w/ some UNION statements blows up:
> UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT could not convert type integer[] to text[]
>
> But it works fine on the primary server. So I go into pgadmin, then
> right-click on Casts, and New Cast. Choose integer[] as the source, text[]
> as the target, check Implicit. ERROR: array data types are not binary
> compatible. Uncheck Implict, same error. The 'Function' drop-down list is
> empty.
>
> Can anyone help me clear this up? It's a very nagging issue to have my two
> servers in a different state..

Deja vu.  Per Tom's earlier post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-07/msg00825.php

You might to look at this recently discovered bug:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/201107270042.22427.julian@mehnle.net

adrian.klaver@gmail.com