Обсуждение: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
sm
Дата:
hi,
i want ot modify the pg_hba.conf file from command prompt i tried this
command
C:\Program Files\Postgresql\8.4\bin>pgadmin3/ch:"C:/program
files/postgresql/8.4/data/pg_hba.conf
      but with this a window gets open and there is option to change methos
md5 to trust, is ther any parameters to pass with this command to edit
“pg_hba.conf”  file silently without user interaction

Re: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 02/05/2011 12:24, sm wrote:
> hi,
> i want ot modify the pg_hba.conf file from command prompt i tried this
> command
> C:\Program Files\Postgresql\8.4\bin>pgadmin3/ch:"C:/program
> files/postgresql/8.4/data/pg_hba.conf
>        but with this a window gets open and there is option to change methos
> md5 to trust, is ther any parameters to pass with this command to edit
> “pg_hba.conf”  file silently without user interaction

Well, pg_hba.conf is just a plain text file, if that helps.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:

sed for windows - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm

Re: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
Leif Biberg Kristensen
Дата:
On Monday 02 May 2011 16:28:48 Sim Zacks wrote:

> sed for windows - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm

Whatever happened to edlin?

regards, Leif

Re: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 02/05/2011 15:51, Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
> On Monday 02 May 2011 16:28:48 Sim Zacks wrote:
>
>> sed for windows - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm
>
> Whatever happened to edlin?

Goodness, I'd forgotten all about that - been a long time... Wikipedia
says that it was removed from Windows at some point, though there are a
couple of ports of it knocking around still.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: wnat ot edit pg_hba.conf file from command prompt

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 02/05/2011 15:51, Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
>>
>> On Monday 02 May 2011 16:28:48 Sim Zacks wrote:
>>
>>> sed for windows - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm
>>
>> Whatever happened to edlin?
>
> Goodness, I'd forgotten all about that - been a long time... Wikipedia says
> that it was removed from Windows at some point, though there are a couple of
> ports of it knocking around still.

In all seriousness though, use anything BUT notepad in windows.   Any
good text editor will do.