Обсуждение: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

От
Toby Corkindale
Дата:
Hi,
I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to manage
servers using streaming replication with Pg?

ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a slave;
and performing the steps of syncing and restarting to bring up a new slave.

Cheers,
Toby

Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 03/22/11 11:18 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi,
> I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to
> manage servers using streaming replication with Pg?
>
> ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a
> slave; and performing the steps of syncing and restarting to bring up
> a new slave.

that sort of thing would normally be done with a cluster failover
manaagement tool like Heartbeat from the LInux-HA project.

Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Mar 23, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Toby Corkindale wrote:

> I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to manage servers using streaming replication with Pg?
>
> ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a slave; and performing the steps of syncing and
restartingto bring up a new slave.

You can try repmgr developed by 2nd Quadrant. Link is given below:
http://projects.2ndQuadrant.com/repmgr

You can also try with pgpool failover feature:
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com

Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

От
Toby Corkindale
Дата:
On 23/03/11 20:18, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 03/22/11 11:18 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to
>> manage servers using streaming replication with Pg?
>>
>> ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a
>> slave; and performing the steps of syncing and restarting to bring up
>> a new slave.
>

> that sort of thing would normally be done with a cluster failover
> manaagement tool like Heartbeat from the LInux-HA project.

*nods*
I'm familiar with heartbeat and similar utils to manage the general
concept of, well, failing-over -- but was wondering someone had already
scripted the process of adjusting the config files and rsyncing files
during a pg_backup_.. stuff.

The repmgr utility looks like exactly what I was looking for though, and
should be suitable for connecting to heartbeat, et al.

Thanks to both of you,
Toby

Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?

От
tv@fuzzy.cz
Дата:
> On 03/22/11 11:18 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to
>> manage servers using streaming replication with Pg?
>>
>> ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a
>> slave; and performing the steps of syncing and restarting to bring up
>> a new slave.
>

> that sort of thing would normally be done with a cluster failover
> manaagement tool like Heartbeat from the LInux-HA project.

I know there's a repmgr (replication manager) tool from 2ndQuadrant

   http://projects.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr

Seems quite nice, especially if you're "command-line oriented".

regards