Обсуждение: Default to pager off

Default to pager off

От
Michael Satterwhite
Дата:
I'm not fond of the pager function. Is there a way to tell postgresql to
either default to '\pset pager off' or to have it startup with the pager turned
off?

Re: Default to pager off

От
Dominik Żyła
Дата:
Hello,

Dnia Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 03:05:03PM -0600, Michael Satterwhite napisał:

> I'm not fond of the pager function. Is there a way to tell postgresql to
> either default to '\pset pager off' or to have it startup with the pager turned
> off?

From `psql --help':

-P VAR[=ARG]    set printing option VAR to ARG (see \pset command)

--
Dominik Żyła

Re: Default to pager off

От
Michael Satterwhite
Дата:
On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 03:28:23 pm Dominik Żyła wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dnia Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 03:05:03PM -0600, Michael Satterwhite napisał:
> > I'm not fond of the pager function. Is there a way to tell postgresql to
> > either default to '\pset pager off' or to have it startup with the pager
> > turned off?
>
> From `psql --help':
>
> -P VAR[=ARG]    set printing option VAR to ARG (see \pset command)

Thanks much - and I admit a little foolishness. I googled every combination I
could think of without finding it. For whatever reason, I didn't think of using
psql --help. I will in the future.

Thanks
---Michael

Re: Default to pager off

Дата:
Dominik =?utf-8?B?xbt5xYJh?= <dominik.zyla@gmail.com> writes:
> Dnia Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 03:05:03PM -0600, Michael Satterwhite napisał:
>> I'm not fond of the pager function. Is there a way to tell postgresql to
>> either default to '\pset pager off' or to have it startup with the pager turned
>> off?

> From `psql --help':
> -P VAR[=ARG]    set printing option VAR to ARG (see \pset command)

Setting it off in ~/.psqlrc would likely be more convenient.

            regards, tom lane