Обсуждение: is any of the SQL parser exposed ?

is any of the SQL parser exposed ?

От
Mark Rostron

Hi

We are running a mixture of 8.3 and 8.4 server versions.

We are putting together a historical log of statement patterns of long running statement output ( via log_min_duration_statement), extracted from csv files in pg_log.

I would like to take a statement of form, say,

“select columns from mytable where column1 = “hard-code-text-value’” (or whatever)

And then store it as a more general pattern like
“select columns from mytable where column1 = $1”

The latter form would be more useful for profiling an app.

However, I cannot find a simple way to get the database to expose the parse results at any point.

Any thoughts?

Mr

Re: is any of the SQL parser exposed ?

От
Chris
Дата:
On 25/11/10 13:04, Mark Rostron wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running a mixture of 8.3 and 8.4 server versions.
>
> We are putting together a historical log of statement patterns of long
> running statement output ( via log_min_duration_statement), extracted
> from csv files in pg_log.
>
> I would like to take a statement of form, say,
>
> “select columns from mytable where column1 = “hard-code-text-value’” (or
> whatever)
>
> And then store it as a more general pattern like
> “select columns from mytable where column1 = $1”
>
> The latter form would be more useful for profiling an app.

Check out pgfouine - http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/ - it
already does all of that sort of thing for you.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/