Обсуждение: Enable automatic scheduled backups

Enable automatic scheduled backups

От
RP Khare
Дата:
I want pgsql to take automatic scheduled backup of the database every 30 minutes. How to do this?

Re: Enable automatic scheduled backups

От
Gabriele Bartolini
Дата:
Il 30/10/10 10:52, RP Khare ha scritto:
.hmmessage p { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; }body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma; } I want pgsql to take automatic scheduled backup of the database every 30 minutes. How to do this?
On Unix like systems, you can set a crontab that executes pg_dump every 30 minutes.

-- Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant ItaliaPostgreSQL Training, Services and Supportgabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Enable automatic scheduled backups

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 10/30/10 2:00 AM, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Il 30/10/10 10:52, RP Khare ha scritto:
>> I want pgsql to take automatic scheduled backup of the database every
>> 30 minutes. How to do this?
> On Unix like systems, you can set a crontab that executes pg_dump
> every 30 minutes.

if the database becomes too large for this simple scheme to be practical,

implementing a PITR style continuous  WAL log archiving system will
easily stay inside the 30 minute requirement of the original request.

Re: Enable automatic scheduled backups

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 30/10/2010 09:52, RP Khare wrote:
> I want pgsql to take automatic scheduled backup of the database every 30
> minutes. How to do this?

There isn't a scheduler built into PostgreSQL; you use cron or similar.
Have a read here too:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/backup.html

Ray.

--