Обсуждение: error messages

error messages

От
Miklosi Attila
Дата:
Dear Postgres!

We have just moved our database to a more powerful pc and since then we
keep getting this strange error message below:
"PGRES_FATAL_ERROR FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 87"

What does this message mean? What could cause this error?

Bets regards
Attila Miklosi

Re: error messages

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Miklosi Attila <amiklosi@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Dear Postgres!
>
> We have just moved our database to a more powerful pc and since then we
> keep getting this strange error message below:
> "PGRES_FATAL_ERROR FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 87"
>
> What does this message mean? What could cause this error?

We need exact details on what you did.  Describe the old and new
computers, the OS you run, etc.

Also, exactly *how* did you move the database?  Did you just copy the
postgres files? Did you dump/reload?  What versions of postgres?

Nobody knows what you did, so guessing what is wrong is just that: a guess.

Re: error messages

От
"Lumber Cartel, local 42"
Дата:
On Oct 5, 4:19 am, amikl...@freemail.hu (Miklosi Attila) wrote:
> Dear Postgres!
>
> We have just moved our database to a more powerful pc and since then we
> keep getting this strange error message below:
> "PGRES_FATAL_ERROR FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 87"
>
> What does this message mean? What could cause this error?

Are you using the correct version of your psql command-line tool?
This error seems familiar from back when I tried to do this once.

--
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada