Обсуждение: Centralized User Management Tool?

Centralized User Management Tool?

От
David Kerr
Дата:
Howdy,

Does anyone know of any tools or methods to handle centralized user management within postgres?

I've got about 20 DB servers (and growing) each requiring a different number and level of user access
(think dev, qa, staging, production, etc.)

Corporate security guidelines state that all users need to have their own login, and since we
work with sensitive data, that extends down into the developers space.

I know i can authenticate using PAM on linux, however that still requires a user to get created in
the DB. (I'm looking for a tool that helps manage that user creation portion)

Thanks

Dave

Re: Centralized User Management Tool?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 14:21 -0700, David Kerr wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Does anyone know of any tools or methods to handle centralized user management within postgres?
>
> I've got about 20 DB servers (and growing) each requiring a different number and level of user access
> (think dev, qa, staging, production, etc.)
>
> Corporate security guidelines state that all users need to have their own login, and since we
> work with sensitive data, that extends down into the developers space.
>
> I know i can authenticate using PAM on linux, however that still requires a user to get created in
> the DB. (I'm looking for a tool that helps manage that user creation portion)

ldap

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Centralized User Management Tool?

От
David Kerr
Дата:
- > Does anyone know of any tools or methods to handle centralized user management within postgres?
- >
- > I've got about 20 DB servers (and growing) each requiring a different number and level of user access
- > (think dev, qa, staging, production, etc.)
- >
- > Corporate security guidelines state that all users need to have their own login, and since we
- > work with sensitive data, that extends down into the developers space.
- >
- > I know i can authenticate using PAM on linux, however that still requires a user to get created in
- > the DB. (I'm looking for a tool that helps manage that user creation portion)
-
- ldap

oh, great! i thought that fell under the "authenticate" but not "authorize" umbrella.

thanks!

Dave

Re: Centralized User Management Tool?

От